SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

New rule about spam Sticky

A topic by cloudyheavengames created Jun 18, 2024 Views: 54
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Host

Hello everyone,

I have noticed what appears to be spam submissions to the practice jams.  Games are submitted within a day or two of the theme announced, AND they are submitted to multiple jams.

That violates the spirit of the jams, and is not what they are for.  Going forward, and taking into account any games that have already been submitted, your game must meet the following guidelines:

1. You must only submit them to this current practice jam (you can still submit to both ranked and unranked).  

2. You must include in your game description a sentence or two explaining how your game implements the game jam theme.  I was hoping that players would be able to figure out from playing how the theme fits in, because I think that's part of the fun of creativity, but unfortunately, due to this low-effort spamming, I think this is a necessary step at this time.  Players are still free to NOT look at that part, if they want to determine the theme fit for themselves.

As I mentioned, I will be removing any games already submitted that appear to be spam.  Normally I would have left them, because it was my fault for not announcing this move at the beginning, but I think that it's generally a pretty deliberate decision to spam, so if you did it, you probably knew better. Thanks!