Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Doubt about text-adventures games..

A topic by vaibhavkr created Aug 16, 2020 Views: 152 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (2 edits)

I have made a text based adventure game which is based on python3 but I have not included decesions like choosing directions, like East, West, North or South.. I have given decisions and choices though in the game.. which leads to different endings as per the choices taken.. Also, that project is already made, I mean I have already uploaded it on itch.io, am I allowed to submit it on the jam? One more thing, I planned to add three different story mini games in the  game, but I have added only one mini story game now.. and the other two slots show coming soon.... Also, it's in .exe format, so we don't need Python to run it, though, I will add a zip containing the .py file too if the exe can't run for some reason.. Overall, is this kind of project allowed in the jam, please reply....

Host(+1)

You can have decisions and choices. You don't have to add directions. I should've removed the whole direction thing from bio lol.

Submitted

No problem, I understood you were trying to make people understand the basic concept of the text based story game.. :)

Host(+1)

Example: The first python that was added to the Jam (Dungeons which is a great game) Doesn't have directions.

Submitted

Yeah, I saw that, and I'll play it very soon.. :)

Host(+1)

Also about the .exe, Yes. As long as the original .py file in included with submission. 

Submitted

Submitted my Project, I don't actually think it's good enough though..

Host(+1)

It's okay if it not good. You can change your submission before voting starts if you think you made a mistake

Submitted

Host(+1)

No problem :}