Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My plan - Mega Man fangame

A topic by AubreyTheBard created May 22, 2022 Views: 89 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

I figured it would be a good idea to let folk know what my plans for this game jam are, just in case they'd like to avoid doing something too similar or something. Yet-to-be-announced secret requirement permitting, I'm thinking I'll see how far I can go making a Mega Man fan-game, plain and simple. No new mechanics or enemies or anything, just straight-up ripping the assets and basic design from the original games and implementing them. I'm using this as an opportunity to learn GameMaker Studio -- yes, I know I'm way behind the times, but I bought it years ago when it was on sale and I've never really used it. I suspect I'll only make a single stage and probably not even implement a boss fight, but we'll see.

If anybody else would like to team up on this, I'm open to collaboration. The things that spring to mind as potentially useful to me are gathering the assets (sprites, sounds, music, etc.) and doing stage design. I'll be starting out with the programming side of things, implementing player controls and interactions with the environment and enemies.

HostSubmitted

Hey Aubrey! Very excited to have you involved! Sounds like it'll be a really fun project - and a great opportunity to learn a new engine.

Submitted

Excellente, welcome on board, Aubrey! :D