Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The theme (or lack thereof)

A topic by Meehau created Mar 01, 2021 Views: 202 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+2)

I'm a big fan of game jams in general and I'm glad to see people creating content for mausritter, but I'm a bit concerned about this one. If the only guideline is for content to be mausritter-compatible, I think the resulting hexcrawl is at risk of being a set of thematically disconnected sites thrown on the same map. The name and its explanation sets some tone, I suppose, but it's vague and it's unclear whether the content should be connected to it in some way.

Submitted(+1)

I get your concern and totally agree. This is my first jam, so I am not sure how it is done on other jams. Are they planned or at least organized in some way, like a list of possible “tasks” where one creator assigns themself to to indicate, well that is my turf? Maybe something to consider for March’s Jam. I totally get, that this is Matt’s first Jam and I guess organizing compiling it can be quite challenging.

As for me I am sticking with the Riddermark / Tolkien flair, Matt mentioned. I am going for some knights and tinkering with some helm’s deep like situation as a possible adventure to my location. As there are submissions now, like The Isle on Loch Greve and the Sanctuary Silo, I will try to attach references to them on my location. It’s the least I can do.

HostSubmitted(+3)

thank you both for posting here, this is my first jam and I was trying to leave it a little open… That said the overall feel should be somewhat connected to wilderness adventure with the bend towards fantasy… That said there may be some random sci-fi here and there, maybe even technology that is a little outside of what one may expect... but that said feel free to do what feels natural to you and I will work on putting it all into the over arching map. 

I will be doing a sequel jam come May and it’ll be titled Mayfield. It will have more specific guidelines based off of feedback I get from this jam. 

Again thank you and looking forward to what you create

Submitted(+1)

I guess, some of us are in the same boat as you figuring out how to work together in this Jam-environment. The month is still young and there are already some real cool submissions. I am excited to see more coming in and how the end result will look like and what we make of it for Mayfield. Mayfield sounds like I want to do fairies, but let’s see :D