Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Questions about the jam.

A topic by Conigamy 9L created Dec 08, 2022 Views: 248 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

I have two questions about the jam:

In the description of the jam it says "My challenge once again to all of you is to find a team" Does that mean that it necessarily has to be a team or can I join individually?

The second question is about the last rule "Final submissions will ideally feature an introduction to the main characters of the game and a general idea of the game's direction" I don't clearly understand what you mean.

Host

Hi!

In response to your first question, a team isn't necessary but is highly recommended, given the heavier nature of RPGs. By all means you can do a project on your own, but forming a team also gets you comfortable working in a team setting and if your end goal is to work in the industry, that will be more or less essential.

As for the second question, it's pretty much just saying you don't need a full game for a submission - as long as players can tell what direction the game is headed in and you've introduced the characters, it can be considered a game demo. With that said, this jam is very low stakes and you can submit whatever you believe is worthy of submission as long as it follows the posted rules.

- CG