On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

less goo my first ever scratch based gamejam !

A topic by MemoDev created 43 days ago Views: 153 Replies: 22
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted

i'm a unity 2d and ue 3d game developer and i just wanted learn scrath i hope it will be a fun gamejam goodluck to y'all

scratch is simple.  I learned  it in 3 year and i even have my own 3d engien (hope I can use it in this game jam). And this is my first game jam

Submitted

nice

If you know what Baldis basics is (hope you know what it is) I will make an game like it 

Submitted

oh nice but can you explain how a 3d engine works in scratch?

I’m a ue5/scratch dev, don’t bother with scratch3D, it’s nothing like an actual 3d engine, you have to basically program it from scratch.

Submitted

thanks for advise but i don't think i will but still its weird to have a 3d engine on a 2d game engine

Jam Host

don’t believe what the other guy said, a really impressive 3D scratch game maker named Kasairo has made a multiplayer card collecting game in 3D including a chat function and partying with several cards and attacks, he has as well made many side projects with 3D, I can send you a link if you want.

yes, people have done that, but 90% of people can't do that, only experienced scratchers, its too much effort for the end result, if you're planning on doing 3d it's generally  better to use a 3d engine.

Submitted(+1)

thanks for advise i myself dont actually love 3d games that much but still 3D in scratch was like impossible for me i saw some youtube videos about it but still didnt understand lol i guess simplicity of scratch is both good and bad

Jam Host

there are 3D extensions available in pm that require 8th grade understanding of 3D shapes 

Submitted

thanks, so are they on gandi ide, turbowarp or smth else

Submitted

i was tryng to make a smooth text engine since gamejam started and im finaly done now i can make the game

im still doing ideas lol

Submitted

lol

Submitted(+1)

btw i saw you're tryng to learn godot if you'd like we have project and its almost over we just need afew bosses and a skill tree wanna help?

i actually just finished the brackeys tutorial for godot, super helpful. i'm primarily a pixel artist, but i prefer to work alone.

Submitted(+1)

ok thanks anyway

Submitted

i can make a scratch game in 2 hours. the other 12 days and 11 hours are for polish

hope you do good bro

Submitted

thanks

Submitted

I never used unity but I use penguinmod, it may not be 100% scratch but. it's close, but I hope you have FUN, or anything.... I don't know

Submitted

i had soo much fun using scratch it drove me mad from time to time overall scratch is a nice engine but isn't for me