Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Most of the games including mine didn't get enough ratings

A topic by Swiftline Studios created Dec 21, 2020 Views: 115 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Most of the games including mine didn't get enough ratings as most of them just played games that were at top of the list. 

Just because mine is a late submission due to some error by itch.io doesn't mean that I don't deserve good ratings. 

Only 2 people and I really thank them for it, but only two people played most of the games and hence all those games went down. 

Do you think this is fair? 

All are welcome to participate on this topic and discuss. 

Hoping for a reply from the host

Host

Usually we run streams to help people with less ratings get more, but unfortunately things IRL have been busy this time around. To answer your question though, yes it's fair. Usually people promote their games on our Discord, and review other jam games (both commenting on itch.io and praising them in-depth on the Discord) to build up good will. Networking is the most important part and I'd recommend taking that approach in the future if you're looking to increase your ratings; it's good practice anyway.

PS. It's disingenuous to claim your late entry was due to an error on itch.io's part. It was clearly due to jam spamming, based on your comment history. If I'd seen that you were spamming, your game probably would not have been allowed to enter. So please don't do that again.

Submitted

Well the part where you promote on Discord was not mentioned properly. 

P.S, if you have read I got the ban, you would have probably read why.

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Will take discord promotion under consideration next time.