Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Programmer looking for group

A topic by waferthinninja created Mar 19, 2017 Views: 200
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

I've never done a game jam before so not really sure how easy it is to team up on the day. I thought I would introduce myself and maybe make some connections in advance. Hi, I'm James!

I'm probably going to be older than many of you. I've dabbled on and off with gamedev for years (decades?), though as much off as on. I still consider myself a novice, though I'm hoping that I am more competent than I realise.

I'm certainly not a *total* novice. I recently released a word game on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.... (or search for WordRainbow (as one word)), built in Unity. I chose this as a small game requiring minimal graphics to practice actually finishing something - as with many hobby devs I have left a trail of unfinished stuff in my wake, and wanted to buck that trend. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, its actually a very addictive game.

In my day job I am a database developer (MS SQL Server), so if you need help with persistence in your games I could be your man. Normally I would not think most game jam games really need to worry about this, but if there was ever a game jam where the games might need persistence its this one.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone at the jam, if you want to sort of team up in advance let me know. I have a couple of ideas of my own, but I am more than happy to help other people realise theirs instead.