Jobs
Tags

Rating the entries + Bakin Delay! Sticky Locked

A topic by AmalgamAsh created Sep 29, 2022 Views: 112
This topic is locked
Viewing posts 1 to 1
HostSubmitted (2 edits) (+1)

Hello again!
The release of Bakin has been officially delayed to Oct 17.  This is  unfortunate as it means we'll have to wait longer, but in the end, it is a good thing that SmileBOOM are going to be working on issues that they have recognized (including things they noticed during their presentation at the Tokyo Game Show)!

We will have a winner before then, of course, which will be bittersweet as the winners will be happy and then wait in anticipation to get their hands on BAKIN XD

But that brings me to my next point.  Check this out, taken just a moment ago!:

only 156 out of 380 ratings
what!?

If there are twenty entries, and we can each rate the other 19, that means 20*19=380 possible ratings.

We aren't even halfway there?

This bodes ill for future jams.  It can be seen that "participants who do not rate other entries will instead rely on others to rate theirs, for a better chance at winning."  This sort of behavior would not be fair.  However, I do not know if this is the case here with any participant, and I hope it is not.  In fact, it may be because we are very busy in our daily lives.

That said, I would like to remove the possibility of those who do not rate entries.  We need people to rate other entries for peer reviewed jams, so if this isn't successful, we would have to seek options such as relying on a judging system in the future.

I see the jam ends very soon.  But in this case, I strongly feel the entries need to be rated.
I would like to see the amount of ratings be completely filled out.  Do what you can to give the other entries ratings.

I do not wish to leave the participants in limbo.  So I will post a goal for these strange circumstances.

I will prolong the JUDGEMENT PERIOD, in spite of the original end date.  Please rate the other entries when you can.
Once this number reaches a certain point, I will put out another announcement.  

I apologize for the inconvenience that this causes, especially on top of the news that BAKIN will be delayed.

Please rate when you can.  And, for those of you who sent me pictures of your screens showing that you've already rated all the entries, thank you for your diligent work!

ASH