Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Muriel Updates!

A topic by jman116 created Oct 19, 2021 Views: 46
Viewing posts 1 to 1
Submitted

Since we were given more time, I took the liberty of adding a bit more to Muriel with the help of some playtesters. These are the updates I was able to fit into the game within the 3 hours I spent working (4-7pm), and honestly there may be more of them...

Muriel (The Phantom) Related:

• Muriel will now target the closest player to her position instead of attacking the one that was closest upon spawning.
  • Muriel is disabled for a second and a half after spawning so that players can get away (spawning animation TBD).
  • Muriel's pathfinding is now bound to the server's framerate, and is called every frame allowing for a lot smoother pathfinding.
  • Clients calculate and update the closest player-to-phantom target as needed, reducing server load significantly.
  • Muriel is now slightly faster.
  • Fixed Muriel trying to attack players that were not in the current round.
  • Fixed Muriel spawning after/immediately as soon as a round ends/starts.

General Notes:

• The Heartbeat SFX is slightly louder.
  • The crystal that changes the head now makes it larger in all sizes rather than just taller, to prevent the player from getting stuck.
  • The spectator system has been fixed and re-enabled.
  • Crystals that spawn inside each other are now able to be picked up (very, very small chance).
  • Fixed bugs related to players leaving mid-round.
  • Fixed the slime trail not despawning if the round ends before the crystal can be placed onto the pedestal.
  • Fixed an issue where the list of alive players would not update correctly.
  • Maybe? fixed an issue where players would teleport under the map when another player left the game.