Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

So, I'm thinking about making a game about Roman demigods... Anyone want to join me?

A topic by WorldbridgeCreations created Aug 08, 2019 Views: 253 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(1 edit)

Hey, everyone!

I happen to be writing a game about Ancient Rome, and have some assets on the Unity Store in mind for my project... Here is the current list of potential player characters I've come up with for my idea. I also own a bunch of books on Ancient Rome, speak a great deal of Latin, and will collaborate with anyone who needs inspiration for this jam.

Main Classes

Magnus/a/um (stylized as MAGNVS or MAGNVM) = Important (Tank Class)

Damnus/a/um (stylized as DAMNVS or DAMNVM) = Damage (Damage Class)

Auxilium (stylized as AVXILIVM) = Help / Healing (Support Class)

Special Classes (I currently only have one)

Nympha = Nymph (a female-only variant of the MAGNVS / MAGNA / MAGNVM class with near-divine powers)

HEROES BY ELEMENT

Air

Hermione (f - Demigod / Zeus, Graecia - Magna/Auxilia) - a direct decendant of Helen of Troy who can control lightning and turn into a swan.

Luguselwa (f - Human / Druid, Gallia - Auxilia/Magna) - a druid from Gaul who specializes in air and weather conditions.

Sappheire (f - Monster / Harpy, Graecia - Magna/Damna) - a harpy from Greece, who can fly with her wings and snatch things up with her talons.

Earth

Ariogaisos (m - Human / Druid, Gallia - Auxilium/Damnum)  - another druid from Gaul who specializes in plant, animal and landscape magic.

Dianthe (f - Nymph / Dryad, Latin League - Nympha/Auxilia) - a tree nymph, or dryad, who can assume a nearly-human form.

Froðleika (f - Monster / Troll, Germania - Magna/Damna) - one of the few trolls who can survive being out in broad daylight without turning to stone.

Fire

Mania Aemilia Rediviva (f - Demigod / Vesta, Roma - Magna/Damna) - a Vestal Virgin who was buried alive for claiming to be Vesta's daughter.

Quarta Fabricia (f - Demigod / Vulcan, Latin League - Auxilia/Damna) - a blacksmith's daughter from somewhere rural, who's just moved to the big city.

Water

Actaea (f - Nymph / Nereid, Syracuse - Nympha/Damna) - a nereid, or sea-nymph, who likes the shoreline, and is curious about Rome.

Tritonius (m - Demigod / Triton, Asia Minor - Damnus/Auxilium) - the son of Triton, and grandson of Poseidon, who can make earthquakes and breathe underwater.

I was also considering a Shapeshifting element, but am unsure how that would work... What do you think?

Submitted

That sounds great. You have put a lot of thought into the game. Hope its going well. I made a RPGMV Game about Greek Mythology so it would be great to see your game in action, I enjoy the genre. Looking forward to your game.

Me too... I’ve got to build up a team & make an initial game happen, and set it in the earliest days of the Roman Republic at the latest.

Submitted

Thats great. You should check out https://jbo.itch.io/the-first-greek-odyssey And if your looking for a team working in this format I would glad to be of help if you like the game let me know. Good luck with the game al be sure to follow you to see the devlog.