Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Game Designer/Developer looking to join a team!

A topic by Shaishav Pathak created Jun 26, 2023 Views: 219 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hi there, I'm a game designer with plenty of experience making games in both Unreal Engine 4 and GMS2 (you can check my itch.io page). I'm not an established writer or anything but I have lots of stories in my head that I'd like to tell with compelling characters and unique narratives. 

I particularly love (and my main inspirations for my stories are) Sci-fi dystopian narratives like Bladerunner and even Lovecraftian horror akin to Bloodborne or apocalyptic narratives such as Death Stranding. However, know that I am open to working with anything else too!

My discord: shaishavpathak

Submitted

Hey there!  I'd love to join your team for the Jam! I really liked that you wanted to take it in a horror direction, because the jam is supposed to be about adding narrative elements to games that don't normally have them and so I think specifically finding a way to ad a horror narrative to an otherwise regular game would rock! If you were still looking for a narrative designer and writer that is aha

(1 edit)

Hello! I'm really glad we both share the same affinity for creepiness and horror haha! Another person on our team and I myself already have a couple of narrative ideas (we know the theme isn't announced yet, we were just brainstorming possible stories), but I guess it wouldn't hurt to have another narrative designer on board. I'm curious though, when you say you're a narrative designer, are you like a professional writer (or aspiring to be one)?

Edit: whoops forgot to put my discord in here: shaishavpathak

Submitted

I'm aspiring to be one yes, but I do already have a decent body of work I've practiced on both game related and not, take a look at my portfolio website if you'd like to see what I mean: hmlw.co.uk . What I can add to the team is a dedicated writer and designer for how narrative elements will be incorporated, which is always good when trying to get a game done in time aha. I've also sent you a discord friend request btw, my username over there is Just Hue

Ohh that’s you!! I’m aware you sent this friend request a while back but I thought it was just some random person or something so I didn’t trust it lol. My bad, I’ll accept it. It’ll be great working with you!     :)

Submitted

Sounds good! Looking forward to working together too

Submitted
Deleted 151 days ago

Hi!! We would LOVE to have a music composer on board! In fact, we really need it! I took a look at some of your work, your Little Nightmares re-score really caught my attention. Love the eerieness and drones (I'm a big horror fan). Immediately drew me in. Look forward to working with you!

My discord: shaishavpathak