Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

JUDGE-RANKED JUDGEMENT END, GRAND PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT Sticky

A topic by AmalgamAsh created Aug 24, 2023 Views: 60 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
HostSubmitted(+1)

Thanks so much for your patience.  It seems Itch does not allow (or I am unable to implement) A proper two-phase judgement system, so instead of the previous rankings being overwritten, they will stay in place for historical values' sake!

For that reason, I'll never implement such a judgement type again, but also this means Judge-ranked scoring was held offsite.

I will now announce the winner of the 2023 Smile Game Builder Game Jam!

The grand prize winner is IDOLL_DEV, with 

"There was a game here. It's gone now.."

I am please to say that Kumachan's In The End was second place, while Knifish's Detective Karchi came in 3rd!

IDOLL_DEV, you win the prize package!

...a key for RPG DEVELOPER BAKIN, +1 DLC OF THEIR CHOICE~ SPONSORED BY SMILEBOOM!

...MelonToucan's SGB Expressions Pack ($7.50 value)

...an AmalgamAsh voice pack of their choice!

I want to thank every single participant for their entries.

This was a fun theme!

What do you think the theme will be next time? :)

Ash

Submitted(+1)

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠

I feel so happy~! 𓆩♑π“†ͺ
This has been such an enriching experience for me already, I got to meet so many nice people and talk to devs that I had previously only watched from afar.

I'm glad to hear that my game resonated with so many people! I was pleasantley surprised by the super fun and amazing submissions in this jam and they all had a lot of heart and soul. I hereby thank each and everyone who took the time to play my submission and give their thoughts. I want to grow from this and continue to make more games!

It just felt great to finally finish a proper game, even if it was so short. And it enabled me to meet 8Pancakes4Lunch, my new collab partner who is also one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of talking to!!!  ❀(⸝⸝ᡕᴗᡕ⸝⸝) 😊😊

I couldn't be happier about the prizes, too! Thank you, again, from the bottom of my heart.

For the DLC, would it be okay if I asked for the "Modern City Pack"?

And as for the voice pack, Vol. 5 - "Bountiful Hunter" is the one I chose :)

I'm not sure how distribution is handled, my Discord is 'feldgeist', maybe you can DM me there? Hope that works.

Lastly, as for the question about the next theme, I theorize that a follow-up to "The End" would be something about still standing, fighting on? Or like, rebirth? A new era or a new beginning? I'm not sure πŸ‘€

HostSubmitted(+1)

IDOLL_DEV, that was a very lovely sentiment!

Please join the official RPG Developer BAKIN Discord using this link, and message me!

https://discord.gg/yKwuye2

See you!