Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] A Cursed Traveler's Tale

A topic by ~Sterki Herz~ created Nov 16, 2020 Views: 200 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Hi, hi! I hope you are doing alright!
I'm looking to release a full demo for this jam of my very first visual novel! I'm going to make this devlog so I can share the progress of this project in here~
Some features and art are already implemented since this was an abandoned project for a while but I've decided to make an actual game! You can play the 'prototype' demo on the official page~

A little about me and this project:

You can call me Waffles and I'm an artist but I've always been into games since very little! So I've been wanting to make my very first visual novel when I was 11.  I've always been a big fan of RPG games and Adventure Point & Click too and thought that I might want to include that in my Visual Novel! So time passed and life got in the way and I kinda abandoned that project...UNTIL some time ago when I looked at it and was like I need to finish this! So...this is why I've joined this jam! 

About the game:

The game is called A Cursed Traveler's tale. It is about Fanstasy/Comedy, Adventure, Dark Magic and Time travel!

Here's the game story:

And the features planned are:
  • A character creation at the beggining of the game;
  • Custom name and pronouns  for the player;
  • Adventure game style gameplay;
  • An inventory, money and shop system;
  • Phone message system;
  • In-game Calendar with events!
  • Jobs, HP system,  stats and cooking/crafting system with REAL recipes!
  • 5 routes (2 female characters and 3 male characters), all with different endings depending on player choices;
  • Other Dating sim mechanics;
  • CG gallery and unlockable content;
  • And more!

Okay, enough talk! Let me show you some images~

First some BG sketches:

I'll add more background sketches here when I get to finish them~

And here's some screenshots of gui:

You'll be able to cook! The player will unlock recipes that other characters will teach them~

There's a character creator at the beggining of the game, with custom pronouns!

A working phone with different features, like a map to travel to locations!

You'll have your very own PC to upgrade different stats! You'll need them for getting some specific love interests routes and to advance in the story~

And this is just a quick example of how the choices and the dialog look like!

And here are some sketches for some characters:

~~~.~~~

Welp, that's all for now! I'll update this again once I make more progress~

You can also visit this Project's Official Trello to keep track of features being added and stuff!

Thank you so much for reading this and remember to never abandon your dreams!

Submitted(+1)

Wow! This is huge! 

Ahh~ Thank you!  

(1 edit)

Because of work and college I wasn't able to update this devlog, but progress is being made! I'm currently working on the story and adding some last art for this jam~