Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Does it specifically have to be HTML5?

A topic by WayfarerGames created May 10, 2023 Views: 360 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

What's the reason for that limitation? Mobile games don't need to use web tech, and it seems like you're wanting mobile games?

Based on their Play/App Store screenshots, I suspect they're looking for games to put in their app, and being able to embed HTML is simply easier for that. But I could be wrong - I have no association with this.

Host

While we do have the native app in the stores, WAM is a PWA ( Progressive Web App ) and is built using web tech with the purpose of publishing HTML5 games. We believe HTML5 games have a lot more punch than they're given credit for and just want to see amazing things being created on the biggest platform in the world: the browser ^^

Host

Thank you for the question- The answer is yes- Because WAM is a progressive web app-check on mobile- play.wam.app. We are looking to provide publishing deals to the winners.This would help developers, not only win the awards, learn and have fun, but also get recurring revenue/ a chance to see their games published

Submitted

And would a unity WebGL export be good enough or not?

Host

Unity webgl only works on desktop as per their docs unfortunately :(

https://docs.unity3d.com/2022.2/Documentation/Manual/webgl-browsercompatibility....

Submitted

it's only officially on desktop but it works just fine on mobile! They just haven't bothered to fix things like input fields, but it broadly works fine and most of the big issues were fixed by the community a long time ago!

Host

then by all means <3 :)

So can we use unity
Host

From the looks of it yes :) It's important that the games work on mobile first. If they do then by all means