Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Student] Amateur Game Developer wanting to join a team

A topic by The_Game12345 created Oct 18, 2023 Views: 121 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hey! I’m a student developer looking to collaborate! I’m not great at art so I would love to join a team to get my first game jam under my belt. If you wish to collaborate, please feel free to reach out. Note I’m a busy student so my schedule is tight, however I will commit as much code as I can. 

For those wanting to look at my skills, my GitHub is available here.

Resumè available upon request.

Thank you for considering me as a partner, I hope we make a great game together, should you chose me!

Hi, i'm a solo student dev too, i've done some jams before and i usually use them to learn something new (new programming language, new framework, ecc...). I'm using this game jam specifically to learn Godot.

I have experience with C++, Lua, C, Python and some C#. Also i used engines in the past like Unity and Unreal Engine, but i've took a long break from engines to learn more how to make games with frameworks (such as SDL2, pygame and Love2D).

I'd love to work with you on this jam, my timezone is GMT+2 and here is my discord: evocorps

Hey! Sadly I don’t use discord. This is my first jam, would you be willing to learn a framework with me instead of using Godot? I’ve wanted to build a game with just a pure framework and code for a while now. 

Can’t wait to start!

Sure, i'd love to learn a new framework. But we still need a way to comunicate that Is not itch.io, even if It Isn't discord, if you have another way to comunicate please tell me.

Note: if you have any framework that you'd like to learn with this jam, let me know. If you don't know wich framework to learn, if you want i can help you choose one.

Also, we have a 14 hour difference in time, so i'm writing to you now, but it's only 10 a.m. where i live, so yea... communication Is gonna be hard using only itch.io