Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Runemaster

A topic by Luca Giacometti created Mar 05, 2021 Views: 247 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Jam JudgeSubmitted(+1)

HI! Runemaster will be my sixth [or seventh?] entry in the 7drl challenge.

This time around i've an engine i made in the past months which handle basic roguelike stuff [like movement, pickup, combat, map generation, los, pathfinding, ...] so i can focus on the core concept of the game.

Speaking of core concept: Runemaster will be a spellcasting game, where you combine runes to create your own spells. The basic spell is based on your "class": fire/ice/thunder/earth/air/void/holy and each element has its own special effect. During the game you will find support runes that change the behaviour of your basic spell.

I'll try to keep you updated on the development, but no promises as in my past 7drl i where too focused on the game 8p

HAPPY CODING EVERYONE !

Jam JudgeSubmitted

Oh cool! That sounds really similar to what I’m doing. It will be fun to see how similar and different our games are!

Jam JudgeSubmitted (2 edits)

I've seen your post and yes, our two 7drl will be eavly focused on magic! At first i had an hearth attack seen someone wanted to experiment on the same idea i had, but after reading your post i realized our games will be pretty differnt. I'm very corious to see yours!!!

ps: i had an hearth attack because the idea about this twist on the magic system has been around in my head for a month, i could not throw it all away 8p

Jam JudgeSubmitted(+1)

Day 7:

As with all my 7drl, days have passed code has been written and the daily updates have been forgotten!

I'm sorry, but having to work a full day and code in the evening leave not much time to post updates.

Anyway! I managed to finish Runemaster yesterday night with some help testing it from my gf. I will upload it today as soon as i can and try to write down some words about the development.

It's been exausting but FUN AS HELL!