Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Estoy creando un juego hecho con diferentes tecnicas

A topic by bot created May 11, 2023 Views: 119 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

There are several reasons why a game with different artistic techniques on each object might not be a good idea. Here are some reasons:

1. Visual inconsistency: If each object in the game has a different artistic technique, it could be difficult for players to visually process what is happening on the screen. The game could appear messy and chaotic, making it difficult for players to focus on the gameplay.
  2. Aesthetic confusion: If the art style varies too much from object to object, players might become confused about which objects are important for the game and which are just background elements. Additionally, it could be difficult for players to remember what object does what if there is no aesthetic cohesion between them.
  3. Difficulty in creating a visual identity: If the game uses different artistic techniques on each object, it could be difficult to create a coherent visual identity for the game. A coherent visual identity is important for creating a strong brand for the game and making it easier for players to remember it.
  4. Performance issues: If each object in the game uses different artistic techniques, it could be necessary to load different graphic resources in the game. This could affect the game's performance and make it more difficult to optimize for different devices.

In summary, a game with different artistic techniques on each object could be confusing and difficult to process for players. Additionally, it could be difficult to create a coherent visual identity for the game and could negatively affect the game's performance. For these reasons, it's important to carefully consider the art style of the game and maintain visual cohesion at all times

Submitted

i believe being unproductive (what the jam wants you to be) allows you to make a game look like it was made unproductive therefore allows you to use different artistic techniques on every sprite because thats unproductive. just because you dont like how some people are making their games look doesnt mean you have to criticize it. thats just my opinion, but this comment might be too diffucult to process for you as a reader, and may effect your brains performance. For these reasons, its important to read what the jam is about and consider that different artistic techniques may correlate to the game jam's theme.

Submitted

I was actually referring to the fact that my game was created that way, and I wasn't criticizing any particular type of game. I had already considered the various benefits of diversity in sprites, but I didn't fully understand myself.