Jobs
Tags

Played over 20 games, wanted to shout out a couple

A topic by Rafael Bordoni created Mar 17, 2024 Views: 153 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

First, the ones that got few ratings somehow:

• Lost, by ToyMakersCreation
    I don't know how this one haven't popped off yet, it's really good. Simple and short, and full on the weirdo side. I really like weirdo games, the experimental front is kinda dominated by us indies and I really appreciate it.
  • Noise Shift, by arrowmaster1252
    More weirdo experimental game. This one is extremely bold, and I love games that go against known wisdom and try to make different stuff work. I can't help but appreciate the work it takes to make the graphics and sound of this game, just give it a try!
  • Coral Rain, by Michael Grieshofer
    This game is huge, like, hours long huge!! It's a full fledged metroidvania, with good art, music, atmosphere and gameplay. You could fool me this is a game being sold on Steam, if I didn't find it here I wouldn't believe you it's a game jam game. I haven't even finished it actually, but metroidvania fans or exploration fans would certainly appreciate this game.

Now, some games that have quite a few ratings already but I wanted to shout them out because I think they're awesome:

• Dream Door, by UselessWizard
    I don't know why this one stuck with me to be real, maybe it's the combination of being weirdo + exploration + atmospheric that I like. It's a bit janky otherwise, but I think it hit the right notes it needed to hit, cause it got stuck in my mind.
  • Hungry Outcast, by LapoLinguini
    Narrative heavy game. Short and extremely well polished, congratulations to the creator! The writing is especially good here, the creator achieved a pretty good atmosphere to fit the writing, it's really good, if you haven't played it yet, give it a go!
  • What My Soul Still Renders, by G. Carbonell
    Another writing masterpiece. Play it and behold the cyberpunk dystopia we are getting into in just a couple of years. Simple gameplay loop with trippy graphics and sad vibes, very well polished. Give it a go if you vibe with this kind of story!

Last comment about my overall experience with the games so far: How are you guys so good at writing?

Submitted(+1)

Wow, thank you so much for the shout out, it means a lot to me, really ♡♡♡ 

I will check out the first 3 games as I didn't have the opportunity to play them before, good luck with yours mate! ♡♡

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Thanks for recommending these! I'm playing through them now and I like what I've seen so far.

Submitted(+1)

Thanks for the shout out, it means a lot that you really enjoyed my game. All of the other games on this list look like they deserve a lot of praise too, I will be playing them later today.