Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

New Jammer

A topic by Metrogone created May 24, 2023 Views: 148 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hello! I'm new to these game jams, so I'm curious about their organizers and the level of publicity they receive. Are these events usually hosted by random individuals or do they attract media attention? Additionally, I'm wondering if there are any prizes awarded to the winners?

Jam Host (1 edit)

Hi! If you're asking about jams in general, it varies a lot from event to event. Some have prizes, some don't. Some have a couple of participants, others have thousands. Some get media coverage, others don't. Some are one-off events, others like Adventure Jam are recurring.

For Adventure Jam specifically, you can read more about the people behind it here: http://advjam.com/about/

Historically there's not been a lot of media coverage of Adventure Jam that I can recall. That's not something organisers have put specific effort into pursuing, but it can happen organically. These days, jams happen so regularly that most game focused media don't consider them noteworthy.

Adventure Jam doesn't have prizes beyond whatever you make and the experience you gain making it ^_^

(+1)

Great! Thanks for the reply :)