Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Game Jam Progress: Incarnation

A topic by Oghe Games created Feb 21, 2023 Views: 210 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hello! This is Jana   reportin' in  to show progress on our lil' game jam! This is our first game jam haha, and we started actually only last week  when we found out about the jams!

The   Team:

Ben Hudson - Writer & Systems Designer

Jordan Willis - Writer

Jana Cruz - Art

The  Idea:

It is  about the progress of reincarnating, and getting your new-self  their characteristics in the new life. You are dead, and you go through Limbo where your cards  determine events where your decisions build into your future self.

The concept is still very much work in progress. (I'm also just the artist so the writers would probably be better at describing it  too haha!)

But  I would like to share some WIP art that will be in the game! 

I would love to show you guys some excerpts of the writing in our next post!    I think they are absolutely wonderful 

Submitted

Hey guys here is an update!  Currently  in the process of tying things up and putting them all in the rulebook  :> 

And I got the writers giving me content to put up heheh~

What is Incarnation?

Incarnation is a single player Dice Crafting game. It combines ‘choose-your-own-adventure’ style narrative with the elevated symbols of Tarot cards to spin a rogue-like creation myth. 

Players will perform a tarot Card spread, resolving chance based events to write the story of a life that is being made. The outcome of every decision will both impact the in-game strength of the player, as well as the fate of the Incarnation that is being created.

We've  recently  put all of the events in the rulebook, we wanna put up  a preview here! I've also cleaned up and created  character sheets. 

I think everything is looking very exciting, and we've been working so hard to make this a great game!

Submitted

Looks very interesting, and I love the art! I'm looking forward to giving this a try.

Submitted

Thank you so for your kind words! We are in the process of finalizing everything now, and will be uploading soon. :D

Really love the art and concept. Once peeve of unsolicited advice from someone with less-than-perfect eyesight - could the text size be made larger? Particularly on the Tarot pages. This would have the added benefit of being readable on mobile devices/tables/smaller printed formats.

Submitted

Its all good, we love feedback in this realm!

Thank you for sharing with us your insights and experience with looking at the layout. It's definitely something I missed when designing the pages. I'll definitely look into making the text larger making everything more accessible post-game jam, as the change would take a bit of time.

Thank you for your patience!

Submitted

Thank yall for commenting! We have released the first version of the game for the game jam!  

https://janacruzart.itch.io/incarnation

Just want to say that I'm very proud to be a part of this project! The art and narrative came together beautifully - the game has a great atmosphere. I hope we can continue to update Incarnation in the future, improving on the idea and making it accessible for everyone. :)