Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hi! Young Adult Unity Programmer/Designer with Jam experience looking to team (CLOSED. Sorry :( )

A topic by SecretJuice1 created Jul 21, 2020 Views: 449 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted (2 edits)

EDIT:  Hi guys, thanks for your willingness to reach out to this.  Unfortunately our slots are filled for this jam.  If something happens and not all of us will participate I'll reach out to one of the other  people who replied.  But, PLEASE, still participate! I participated in 6 jams already even without a team only just barely knowing how to code.  If this knucklehead can do it, so can you!   

OP: Hey people!  I'm SecretJuice1 and I'd love to team up with someone like-minded to participate in this Jam!

As the title says, I'm a young adult (19) game designer and programmer who works in Unity (and a teeny bit of Godot and Gamemaker, but not these days.)  I've also dipped my toes into Sound Design and Pixel Art, but I mainly consider myself a programmer.  I think I am starting to become a decent programmer, but I know I have lots to learn.  And that's a big reason I'd love to work with others here: you probably have a lot to teach me!

2020.2 will be my 7th game jam.  You can checkout my other work at my itch.io page!

I do have a few expectations from those I'd participate with:

• I'd like to work with people in the older teenager to adult range.  That doesn't mean you need to have tons of experience though!
  • I live in the US, so it'd be great to work with people in compatible timezones.  That probably means US/Canada and Europe.
  • That also means English would be awesome so that collaboration goes smoothly. (I speak some Spanish, but probably not enough to collab effectively)
  • Also, I want to work on the project for as much of the available time as possible (within reason, of course.  Still gotta eat and sleep and such!) I guess that doesn't mean others on the team have to, but I'd want them to make their intentions clear.

I love game jams because it's an oppurtunity for me to develop my skills.  They are fufilling and fun, but I've never participated in one with a team before!

It's not really important to me whether you are a programmer, artist, sound designer or whatever.  If you have a passion for gamedev and meet most of the above expectations, I'd love to talk to you about teaming up!

Submitted

Hi 
I mostly meet your expectations that means:
young adult (20),
Time zone: CEST (Europe)
English is not my native language but i think i know it good enough to work smoothly i've been in a game jam team before and it wasn't a problem.
I have a lot of time and most of it i can allocate to game jam
I would consider myself as a programmer but i've done small games alone so i can do 2D art,SFX and other stuff necessary to make a game
So if you are interested in teaming up write me back

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey dude! I'd love to keep talking to you about this.  You said you have experience working on teams, and that would be a great experience for us team-newbies.   (It looks like everyone who replied would be an awesome addition as well.)  Add me on Discord if you can:  [Redacted]

Deleted 1 year ago
Submitted (2 edits)

Hey man, thanks for your insterest.  I'd like to talk to you about being part of the team!  Add me on Discord: [Redacted] and we'll talk more there.

Edit: Hey dude, sorry about that,  but our slots have been filled.  That doesn't mean you shouldn't participate in the jam though!

hey man  can we work together . Its my first game jam as well 

you can add my discord Red#8238

Submitted

I may be interested, and meet all of your expectations. I'm in my early 20's and from the States. I also have a decent amount of experience in pixel art, writing, game design, and graphic design. Due to the 'Rona I'm also free for the foreseeable future, so I should be able to dedicate quite a bit of time for the jam. If interested, feel free to reply back!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey man!  I'd love to talk to about this more. Add me on Discord and we'll talk more there: [Redacted]

Submitted
Deleted 3 years ago

hi,i’m an italian boy of 13 years old.I speak english fluently.Can I be part of the team?

Submitted (2 edits)

Hey there! I am in the mid 20s, from Europe, with fluent English and some previous Game Jam experience (participated in the previous Brackeys jam). Didn't manage to release something playable, but still learned a lot and had quite some fun.
I have extensive development experience, however mostly in fields not related with Gaming. I have quite solid Game Design knowledge and can participate about 8-10h per day during the event.
Intermediate skills of Unity and UE4 ( 50% normal speed if I need to learn some new tech :P ).

Submitted (2 edits)

Hey man! Glad you reached out.  I'd love to talk to you more about joining the team.  Add me on Discord here: [Redacted]

Show post...

All i can do is Lua scripting and batch files and like python and HTML and all that stuff