Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Need Help from Moderators

A topic by Alex Barr created Feb 21, 2021 Views: 119 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

Not sure if this is the right place for this, I couldn't find any other way to communicate directly with the moderators.

So I've had three people who downloaded my game tell me that windows won't let them download my game because it says my game is a virus (which it's not). I've been trying to figure out the issue and apparently windows can be finnicky about the way single runtime executables are created through the software I used (Game Maker studio 1.4). I have since fixed the issue and would like to upload that version of the game so that people can actually play it but uploads are locked.

There have been no changes to the game.

Is this something I can get help with?

Submitted(+1)

Sometimes Windows thinks it's a virus cause the file isn't common. Normally you can click "download anyways" and it should download
=D

Submitted

It was more then that - windows wouldn't even allow the file to be downloaded - it's an uncommon but known issue in the software I used, I was able to change the way I exported the file and it seems to work perfectly. Unfortunately I can't upload the new file - I'm hoping your right though for the majority of people as we've had some reviews.