Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I use scratch?

A topic by ThatCanadianKid created Jul 28, 2021 Views: 487 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 4

I have been programming in scratch for a long time and if you make complicated code it is not easy as it is still Java script. I just want to know if it is allowed or if I need to get off my lazy butt and learn how to use Godot or Unity. Good luck to everyone, can’t wait to participate in my first jam (finally mustered up the confidence!).

Submitted(+1)

I really recommend using an actual  engine. However, if you want to use scratch, that is fine. I believe there is a tool somewhere that converts scratch files to HTML5 (which you need to use to submit a game).

(1 edit)

Thank you. I am most likely going to learn some godot in the next month so my game can work better and be more fluent. I am just afraid of GD script and scripting in general

(+1)

Godot is pog, i use it, i made a few games on scratch a few years back lol and an actual engine is much better!

Submitted

Why dont you try Construct?

Submitted

Maybe because it is a paid software 

Submitted

No, It has a demo which lets you try it first before buying it. And i have to say its really good for making games easily.

Submitted

The demo only lets you make 50 ‘scripts’ lines if I remember correctly 

Submitted

its 20

Submitted(+1)

Even worse, you can’t make a finished game with it

What if you convert your scratch game to exe?

Submitted

Not really possible as far as I know. It is possible to convert to HTML5 though.

It is possible, if you convert it through Njs. it turns a scratch project into an exe, so can I make it a exe?

Submitted

Why would you think you couldnt? Thats what all games are  played with.

Deleted 3 years ago
Submitted

1. I said ‘as far as I know

2. Another guy already told me it is possible 

3. I don’t care about scratch enough to research it

you can use htmlifier and then put it through N.js but beware that your game will most likely run at around 12 fps, making it a really unlikeable game, I would know this because I am a Scratch dev, but I am trying to move to godot