Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My first game jam!

A topic by Volo created Jul 31, 2021 Views: 819 Replies: 21
Viewing posts 1 to 13
(1 edit)

Hi all! Looking for form a team. I’ve started working on my own Unity personal project for a few months now. This game jam could not have come at a better time. Anyone is welcome to join!

I am planning on using Unity and C# as that is the engine I have been using for a while and want to continue to develop my skill set there.

Hi  there, if you are intrested I could join you. I am a programmer, still a beginner in making games, but I woud like to try and participate in the Jam. It would also be my first game jam and I am still learning about Unity

Sure, I'm primarily a programmer as well.

Great!... A little question, you are working with Unity 2D or 3D... I am still learning so it would be better for me to know what we will work with

Working in Unity 3D. It's been a while since I've touched 2D stuff, but I wouldn't mind going in that direction :)

As you wish, I have no problem learning more in both 2D and 3D... about the art, I am not an artist but can try to aport something in that matter. Have you a discord account o some other way to comunicate?

(5 edits)

Here's my Discord - Volo#2558

I am also not an artist. For the most part, I've incorporated free assets from the Unity asset store in my projects. I hope to learn something like Blender before the end of the year though.

PS: I'm from the US (EST) and also work a 9-5 in IT, but I'll still be available to respond to questions or anything throughout the week of the game jam. Not to mention, I'll be spending my evenings Mon-Fri and the entire weekend focused on the game jam. Just a heads up.

That being said, if you wanted to set some kind of schedule to work together through Discord, I can do that. Here's my expected availability for the week of the jam:

Mon-Fri (6pm-10pm EST), Sat-Sun (all day)

Good for me, I will add you in discord when I can... about the time, I am from Argentina, so we will have to know what time zone use. But usually I don't have problems with that and I think will have plenty of time for the week of the jam.

volo and roka I want to join your team and discord I am ok with unity 2d or 3d and am looking forward for a positive reply and btw I live in India so we will need to have proper time zone availability.

And I also sent the discord request plz accept

Perfect for me, my discord is Roka1492#1492... I already sended a request to volo but you can add me too

this type of jam was also my first

Hi. This is the my second game jam and I can help you with 3D modeling. Also, in this jam game I would like to program too, because in my first game jam I only modelled 3D stuff and made the animation for the main character (I started learning to code for Unity 2D for a month and a half)

If you are interested, here is my discord: aSSeSSin#4939

Submitted

Is  your team completed cuz  would like to join you.

I have a year of experience in game dev with unity and c#. It's my first game jam so I would like to be in a team of game developers. 

i do pixel art but i need a programer

Submitted

I could help you just send me your discord to help forming a team -Zon-

(3 edits)

Hey everyone. So far, it seems we have myself, Roka, and Game_Hub_Games. I think all 3 of us are programmers (but feel free to correct me). That being said, all of you are welcome to join (I don't think there is a limit to participants per team). An 3D modeler / 2D artist would be nice, or if you have a preference for programming or one over another I'm sure we can divvy up which tasks to tackle amongst ourselves come the game jam :)

Our discords are already listed in this thread, so feel free to add us. If you'd like to join, feel free to let us know your discord while you're here!

anyone here confirmed to be part of this team aside from Roka and Game_Hub_Games? 

Hey man, I was wondering if I can join you guys in the game jam. I've always been interested in making a video game but I haven't had the skills to really make one. I saw you were accepting everyone and wanted to try and help you guys in the project while also trying to learn from you guys. I've been trying to learn on my own which is always nice, but I feel like, with a team, it would be a more fun experience. 

If you want to add me on discord and message me, my discord is Skyknightpilot#3877

Yaa Why NOt !! Let's team up and do this stuff !!

Contact me on my insta :::  https://krrish19.github.io/kl  @chaudhary_krrish

awesome! I've sent Skyknightpilot a friend request on discord. Kreveloper, do you have a discord?

Sorry volo I have some issues I can't join bye and sorry again