Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

First unlucky )):

A topic by Iwonek101 created Aug 29, 2021 Views: 158 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4

Soo it was my first game jam... And also my first game. And after i published i had some problems with my build. and... well it doesn't work...

But i am still happy that i particpated in jam i teached new things played awsome games. I would like to take part in another so hope it will be soon!

Submitted

Don't worry! Sometimes things don't go as planned but you end up getting much more experience. When you have your game finished, even out of the Jam, please message me, I'd love to give it a shot!

Thanks! Yeah i can send you my game :) . Btw your game is really amazing!

Submitted

This is exactly what happened to me on my first game jam as well, didn't upload some of the files so it was impossible to play the game. Even if I would have uploaded, the game wasn't that good. On my second jam, I tried to make a game but I wasn't taking it seriously so I didn't make much and didn't upload anything at the end. On this jam though, I was actually taking it seriously and assembled a team of people who had experience in different fields of game development. Because I now had a better team and more experience, I was able to end up with something I was proud of. It's not perfect or exactly what I wanted, but it's a well made and fun game (in my opinion at least). And that's what the game jam experience is, making improvements to yourself and the way you approach it based on experience. I wish I able to make a top 10 game on my first game jam, but I didn't have the experience or knowledge to do that back then (maybe not even now, but I have improved and plan on improving more). 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Hi! thanks for sharing your story :) your game is really amazing!