Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Any Chance You may do this again at some point?

A topic by Iyad.Hout created May 06, 2020 Views: 141 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5

Hi there! I missed my chance to participate the first time out of a combination of procrastination, bad time management and other things in life getting in the way. 

Months later now, having seen some of the games that were made, I kinda feel I missed out on, at the very least, a very fun exercise and great learning experience. 

So I was wondering if there was any chance this jam may happen again sometime in the future?

P.S: I realise I'm asking this months after this Jam was done and dusted. I still feel like asking though :p

Jam HostSubmitted

Hey there! It's a totally reasonable question. I know we were hoping to do something again later in the year, but we haven't discussed when.

Our main focus up until up until about 2 months ago was that we were thinking of doing BusinessCardJam as a fun workshop at a few cons over here on the West Coast (GoPlayNW, Big Bad Con, and maybe Geek Girl Con), but everything schedule-wise is a bit up in the air at the moment (GoPlay is going online and BBC is canceled for the year,) so we're back to sort of figuring out what to do next. We did a test workshop a month or so ago just to feel out how an in-person event might go, and it went really well!

If/when we do post a Business Card Jam 2020, we'll definitely post it here so folks hear about it!

That's awesome to hear! Though as someone that lives nowhere near any kind of convention like that (I live in Lebanon), I hope you still make it available and/accessible online if it's possible. If not, that's fine and best of luck :D

Jam HostSubmitted

We'll most likely do a virtual jam again towards the end of the summer! We've been talking about playing with some other formats too, like a 1-page zine RPG jam.

Jam HostSubmitted

Hi Iyad! Not sure if you saw this, but someone is currently hosting an Index Card Game Jam! https://itch.io/jam/index-card-game-jam

Naomi, Nick, and I are running a second Business Card Jam later in the fall. Until then, consider giving this one a whirl!

(2 edits)

Thank you for letting me know! Now I can practice until you announce yours :p