Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Ideas for theme?

A topic by zaywolfe created Jan 10, 2022 Views: 219 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5

Still thinking about joining the jam, 12 days left gives me a little time to join late. But I'm having trouble thinking of an idea to go with the theme.  Clearly anyone who's programmed C knows about bitwise operations.  Translating that concept into gameplay though is proving difficult for me and I'm hoping I'm not the only one.  If there's anyone else in the same place, it might be a good idea to discuss it (without needing to get too specific with your idea). 

So how are you approaching the theme ?

I also have the same problem. No idea how to implement the theme in a game. Probably a cheap way would be to name 2 characters "Bit" and "Wise", or for example in a village, the old wise man called "Bit". 

But yeah, using the actual concept in a game: no idea. 

(-1)

I had a pretty good idea almost immediately. It's actually dead simple when you don't think too hard about it.

Why the hell do you have a board up if you merely delete questions, asshole!

Jam themes tend to be wide open so you can play around with them. 

Don't restrict yourself to "bitwise" in the strict C way. For example, if you think something in terms of bits, or being made out of bits, you're thinking it "bitwise". There's also the "Wise Bit" twist proposed above. 

Be creative, and have fun with C! 馃榿 

Host (1 edit)

Yeah improvise, but generally themes in games usually involve some kinda gameplay twist based around that theme. You can make game that uses binary/bitwise operations for example.  A puzzle would be the easiest to think about ^^