Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Tearing my hair out

A topic by GregoryFenn created Aug 29, 2019 Views: 294 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 7

Day 4 and the game isn't all that much progressed from day 2. I've mainly been stuck fixing bugs and then having to replan the game around this bug fixes. Now my map is either way way too big (400 rooms in one level!!) or it doesn't fit the scale of the game (it's kind of hard to exlpain without giving away the mechanics of my game, which I'm still happy with).

I still haven't got any good particle effects running and haven't started on the music or level design and today is my last real day. Erg. This is depressing

Submitted

I find its best to wait to fix any bugs till after you finished the main bulk of the game. Unless of course the bug is entirely stopping you from testing your game!

Submitted

Hang in there!

Erg :( I think the game has become too complex to make in a week, even with my holiday from work time. I don't think I'll be able to make a non-rubbish version by tomorrow.

Submitted

hang in there.

Submitted

whatever, good luck dude :D

Submitted

If you are unable to effectively work under a time constraint you are better off making a few games outside of jams, or during much longer term jams, so that you can establish a familiarity with development and properly planning your project goals. Otherwise the pressure to finish projects in very short spans of time will severely damage your ability to actually grow and learn from your experiences; while also frustrating you as your mistakes feel much more destructive when you are being timed.