Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Uploading framerate fix after deadline?

A topic by Hexblue created Feb 13, 2024 Views: 72 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+1)

My game experiences pretty severe lag, especially the web version. In the FAQ, I see the following:

[What if I don't have enough time to submit or I miss the submission deadline?] 

Don't stress too much, this jam is intended to just be a fun escape or a fun challenge. We can work with those who miss the deadline by a short while but all submissions are due at the due date (February 13th) During the rating period you are able to push game breaking bug fixes but can not add more content until after the week long rating is done. After rating is done you can update it to your hearts content! 

Would it be alright for me to upload a build which helps with the framerate issue but otherwise doesn’t affect gameplay/content? Thank you for your consideration.

Host

as long as no additional content is added or affect the current gameplay, that is perfectly fine.

Submitted(+1)

Thank you for the understanding. I have updated the HTML5 and Windows builds on the game page. This build has no gameplay changes, but drastically improves the fps.

For context, I was previously seeing fps dropping down to 10 by floor 15 (each successive floor is larger than the last, meaning it is more resource intensive.) And that was on the Windows build. The HTML5 build was far worse.

With this build, I still had 60+ fps on floor 15 on the Windows version, and a still-playable 30 fps on floor 25. I haven't been able to do full testing on the fps improvement of the HTML5 build, but I imagine it will benefit from the fixes as well.