Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Did the Jam get extended?

A topic by GoingAFK created Jan 15, 2023 Views: 195 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+2)

I just saw the jam said there is now 4 days left. I thought this was a 1 week jam what happened. But hey I am not complaining xD

(1 edit) (+1)

Hi, I just checked in discord channel. It is indeed extended! here is what was in the message:

OH WOW! I'm glad you asked because I hadn't refreshed so I was still seeing the 1-day-left. I had no idea!

This is great, because I still wasn't going to be able to finish, lol. I dreamed too big! ....And also made some very poor choices in design at the start. I spent 9 hours yesterday refactoring, and while I think the codebase has a much better *foundation* now, virtually the reset of the game is nonfunctioning. So frustrating, but also I guess a valuable experience. I was about to call it quits and chuck it up to a learning experience and move on.

But now.... there's still a chance?

Submitted(+1)

I'm glad I bumped into that comment. I spent a long time refactoring the foundation to have a clear game flow and improve the optimisation but wouldn't have had time to add the little extra effects I wanted.

All I gotta say is keep going we can do it!

Maybe not, lol. I'm so tired after work. What I needed was another _weekend_ rather than more days during the week. Can we edit the jam so it *started* two days earlier? Who is in charge of the time machine?