Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Gesture?

A topic by Simonian created Oct 13, 2021 Views: 213 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hello, I would like to participate, but I don't know how to do the gesture in rainbow island. In fact, I don't know what rainbow island even though I googled it

Submitted(+1)

Rainbow Islands is an arcade conversion by Ocean.

Also more information on CPC Power.

https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=1751

A gesture generally means incorporating something in your game related to Rainbow Islands such as a sprite or a recognisable level feature.

It is open to your creativity and generally fairly flexible as long as you can show it in a screenshot and explain what it is (doesn't need to be longer than a sentence).

Got it!

Thank you very much! ^_^

Jam Host(+1)

Hello! We are delighted to see that you are interested in joining the competition, Simonian :D
First of all, thank you so much awergh for your swift reply and assistance, we really appreciate it!
As awergh pointed out, Rainbow Island is an arcade game. Using your imagination, the point of the gesture is to include an easter egg of this game in your own game as a feature, item, enemy, playable character, color palette... Anything that references the game and it is explained on your game user manual. For example, you can see that in the example game page the gesture is an enemy that represents the main character of Chicago's 30.
For more information about the gesture or contest, please see the contest rules.

Ah, wow, Rainbow Islands, that takes me back! Fun times. I think that game might actually be part of what inspired the first game I made.