Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Teamwork on the first day

A topic by NOBICE created Jul 20, 2023 Views: 440 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 9

Since according to the rules it is not forbidden to develop in a team within one day, does anyone want to join on the first day?

I wouldn’t mind. I’m rather new to game development been working with godot for a bit so I know some tricks in that engine, along with a bit of unreal engine, though I could pick up a bit of unity though not familiar with the language of it. 

Submitted

I would love to join. I am rather new and love to make games but honestly I dont know much.

(2 edits)

I'm open to join a Team if somebody still needs one! Using Unity! 

Deleted 1 year ago
Submitted

join my team

Submitted

my email is lukewyeth12@gmail.com I don’t want to describe the game in public, I already have an artist as well I think

Submitted

I also want to team up! I am using Unity2D. 

Submitted

Never worked on a game with a team before, I can use Godot pretty good I think. I can Join a team as long as its in Godot, and like no more than 3 people in the team, including me. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

(1 edit)

Same here. If ya like we can team up see how things go, and if we can get a third person that’s be amazing! I’m free all day to discuss anything too. 

Submitted

ok lets see how this goes. whats yo discord ?

mrcaptainraptor

Submitted

does anyone do art?

Just a word of advice if you agree to work with other coders but have little to no expreince working collaboratively I would urge caution, its just as likely that new team mates lose motivation or are no shows and you may spend your time chasing other people for promised work or unpicking their code from yours.

The best would be to code alone and grab an artist or two and someone to supply music and FX, your not going to have time to portion out coding work on a jam this small.

If your super new try using AI for help or debugging.

I've struggled with these issues on much longer jams with more time for the team mates to bond and learn how to work.

I'll be doing this one solo due to the time constaints and I have a few people I can go to for assets if I need them.

Submitted

I can agree with that. Especially with the time constraints.