Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Resolved! - Fairytale artist looking for story writer

A topic by One Dove Above created Sep 23, 2020 Views: 82
Viewing posts 1 to 1
(1 edit)

UPDATE: I have found a writing partner! Thank you for your consideration.

Hi, I'm a 2D artist who has always wanted to make a complete game. I have Ren'Py (visual novels/kinetic novels/dating sims) and have dabbled with it enough that I could make a simple game with some story branches, and maybe a few creative interactive moments. I've been thinking about joining Devtober, the only issue is.. 

I want to make a story game, but I'm terrible at writing fiction!

So ideally, I'd love to work with a partner who would like to write the script for a visual novel. You would have control over the story, but I would prefer it was in the general genre of art I like to make - fairytale inspired, whimsical, possibly mysterious, maybe a bit girly. 30-ish days is not long, so for both our sakes the story will need to be quite short and simple so we can finish it on time. Your writing ability is not too much of a concern to me; as long as I don't have to write, I'll be happy! I can handle all the coding with Ren'Py, unless you want to do the programming AND writing. If that's the case, I'd still be interested in providing the art for your game, given that it suits the previous criteria.

If you or someone you know might be interested in being my jam partner, please let me know ASAP and we can talk more about it. Lastly, I'll say that I'm not trying to make the most polished, perfect final product. I'm just looking to have fun and try my best to make a lil' game with someone :) 

Below are some rough examples of my art to give you an idea of what the game could look like. I don't intend to use any of these in the game, they're just random settings/characters.

-Rachel