Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Castle of the Necromancer -- Devlog

A topic by Stefanie Leitch created Apr 04, 2020 Views: 280 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Castle of the Necromancer is an old-school adventure/RPG. In this game, the world is being infected by a terrible disease. You suspect it's the necromancer that lives in his castle nearby. You must fight make your way to the castle and fight your way to the necromancer before the entire world becomes infected!

The past couple days I've been working on a number of systems in the game, plus fleshing out the first zone you must complete before continuing your adventure to find the Castle of the Necromancer.

I added some very basic grid-based lighting (still needs some work), as well as some more interesting enemies, like this boss that spawns bats during the fight.

HostSubmitted

This is really cool!

Submitted

Added a new boss to my game Castle of the Necromancer. This evil goblin mage spawns fireballs that shoot towards you! You'll have to dodge them while darting in and attacking where possible.

A little less exciting, but I also worked on a number of core systems to the game -- the ability to equip items, sleep, and purchase things from shopkeepers. Just have to finish the last 10ish levels before Wednesday!

Submitted(+1)

This game has now been released, with 2 hours to spare! There are a number of missing features I wanted to get in (such as more items, better UI, sound, etc.), but it's a fully playable game at least!

Check it out here: https://digitalbombstudios.itch.io/castle-of-the-necromancer