Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I'm just going to come out and say it:

A topic by Lin Ji created Jun 17, 2020 Views: 201 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
  1. - The game should have a complete and well-crafted story. A game with only game play, but no history is not suitable for this game jam.
  2. - The game must be all in the English language.
  3. - It may not contain sexual, offensive or prejudiced content.

If I must qualify my position, then I shall speak "as a former Literature Major". 

You'll be hard-pressed to create a story which is truly "complete" and "well-crafted" within these Spartan confines.

At any rate, you will inevitably have writers who, across the board, will operate within certain prejudicial confines, and you will never be able to eliminate the possibility of taking offence, regardless of whether or not offence is proffered, since opinions are so diverse, abstract, and multilateral. Besides that: you might find that sexuality is so moving a passion that it will work its way in (if you will pardon the innuendo) somehow. At this point, I am speaking not as a student but as a lifelong Reader and Writer.

That is all.

[({L.J.||S.M.G.)}]

P.S.: Consider some free revisions: 

"A game containing only game-play, but lacking story, is not suitable for this game jam."

"The game must be written entirely in the English language."

Oh, and don't forget that Oxford comma after "offensive"!!

Submitted

Looking forward to the critique! My game is still in development, but the goal is a compelling narrative.