On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Deleted previous version and ended up with empty game site.

A topic by AntennaCheese created Aug 24, 2020 Views: 225 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hi! I just made a baaad mistake with my game site, https://antennacheese.itch.io/llama-vs-llamas it had an already working build, and just to test out I tried uploading a later version minutes post deadline, deleting the previous one in the process. Since it won't let upload later builds post-deadline, now my site is empty.

So I wanted to see if I could do something about it, to see if there was a fair way to recover the previously working version so that it could be properly judged.

If not, I understand as it was a mistake made without keeping the restriction in mind, oh well.

Submitted

Me too

Thankfully it was my just Linux release (they’ll use Windows)

I really like your game and art style. Its very polished.

Is there no sound added? With some sound effects, it would be really great.

Also, was it made using Core?

Submitted

Thanks Renderererer, glad you liked it!

Now that you mention it, it does have sound effects and music, but from what I've seen the sound doesn't work on Firefox, but when testing on Chrome it sounds fine. I'll have to look into that!

I made all of the programming with Construct 3.

Oh okay. I'll try it out with chrome.

Wow, never heard of that. I need to check that out.

Submitted(+1)

i had done the same mistake in another game jam and still regret it as i had a pretty good build and a game and many people actually rated it and liked it, but i wasnt aware and deleted it. in fact it didnt count as submit after by mistakely deleting the game. 

Thats why i have started updating the game but not yet uploading to itch.io 

Submitted

Well, that's a bummer, but at least it's good to know how the restriction works from now on, and avoid messing up again.

Submitted

yeah

Submitted

Yeah sorry, uploads are locked until the end of the review period so that the EC crew can look at the submissions the way they were in the jam :( Are you on Discord? You can PM Arthur and talk to him about it he might be able to help you fix it!

Submitted(+1)

I see, yeah I would have totally left the previous functional build there had I know that would happen.  

Alright then, I'll get on the Discord group and see if there's any alternative, Thank you!!

Submitted(+1)

I did want to say though I thought your game was super super cute! Loved the animations you did a great job!

Submitted(+1)

Wow, thanks!! :)