On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Which game engines are allowed for the jam?

A topic by TheBoringDev created 32 days ago Views: 70 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4

I use godot is it allowed? Also is it absolutely necessary to build a 3D game because I'm completely into 2D

The host earlier told me when i asked the same question that you can only use unity, i might be wrong though!!

It is written on top in comments that you do have to make a 3d game

Host (1 edit)

"For this specific game jam, you will need to use the Unity game engine because that is what UModeler supports." So you have to use Unity. However, you can make the game play like it's 2D, so as long as the visuals are 3D, you should be good to go. In fact, the post from FutureInspireGames (the other host) says "don't make your '2D platformer' 2D and flat. Make it at an angle so we can appreciate the 3D dimension" so 2D gameplay is explicitly allowed. You just need the visuals to be 3D.

In short, Godot is not allowed for this jam (only Unity is) but the game can be coded like it's 2D as it only has to be 3D visually.

do I have to use the UModeler or could I only use unity what about if I win and dont want to get the prize from UModeler I then be able to create the game in any engine?

Host (3 edits)

If UModeler X is not used or you do not provide a public GitHub repository showing you used UModeler X for most of the art, the submission is disqualified. This is part of our deal with UModeler as this jam is meant to promote UModeler X, their newest asset. I know the page has a lot of information, but we couldn't do much to shave it down without removing necessary info or stuff our partners wanted us to add to the page.