Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

having "if you can't do this, you are a FAILURE" isn't exactly inviting

A topic by Maplewood Street created Nov 07, 2023 Views: 140 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3

"You are disqualified" would be way better. "You are a FAILURE" sounds like the jam organizer is just a needless, massive asshole.

Host

it doesent have to be inviting. if someones gonna join they should join, if they are offended about it sarcasticlly saying they are a FAILURE they can cry about it. every jam is the same which is not good. 

Typically you want game jams to be inviting because you want people to join them and submit to them. When you open with calling people you don't even know a failure, it's kind of hard to think "oh yes, this is worth my time, and the people running it are definitely not unhinged."

It sounds like you're projecting some kind of inferiority complex onto a game jam, which is a very odd place to do it.

Host

i didnt really think that much about what the text was. i put the YOU ARE A FAILURE as a joke. Also i dont want every game jam to be super super friendly because then they all become generic and boring (imo). still thanks for the opinion :D

You telling me I was a failure caused me to join to prove you wrong. btw my game will prob be trash

Host (1 edit)

exactly what i wanted