Skip to main content

Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How to confirm that a game was submitted?

A topic by DavidJH777 created Jun 01, 2024 Views: 311 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(-1)

I think I submited our game but I don't know how to verify it until after the deadline. It still has a button to submit my game. Does this mean I didn't submit it???

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

I noticed something interesting: you can't submit the same project twice (but you can still edit it by uploading new versions on the itch page). Your username has a "Submitted" tag next to it, so you definitely submitted something; go back and click Submit again on the jam page, then go through the project dropdown. If you don't see [the project you intended to submit] in that dropdown list (and you know that the game's page is public), that means you already submitted that project and you're good to go.

If that's not enough peace of mind for you (not being sarcastic - it may well not be), then your best bet would probably be to try and contact one of the jam leaders on Discord and ask for verification.

... or I could stop being detective Batman and just click on the "Submitted" tag beside your name, which brings me straight to here: https://itch.io/jam/gamedevtv-jam-2024/rate/2739713 (I had no idea that was a link - I thought it was just a tag!)

Pretty sure you're ok XD

Submitted(+1)

Awesome, thanks BH67!! 

That is SUPER OBSCURE!!!!
Is there not simple and normal way to check?? How crazy!

P.S. Never thought to look next to my name on the page I was asking the question

Submitted

Well, it seems the "simple and normal way" here is simply to click on that Submitted tag next to your name. I agree though, it could definitely  be made a little more obvious that it's a link instead of a textbox. Doesn't matter, we know now =)

Submitted(+1)

Testing to get my own submitted tag.. xD

Submitted

hmm

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Nice, didn't know about the Submitted tag.
What I did was to check on the top right corner of my game page, to see there's a link saying submission to the game jam.

Submitted (2 edits)

Ah, that's what I'm looking for.

Didn't see that.

Though, I wonder if they couldn't update the Game Jam page, just to let you know that you have submited it?