Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My crazy and stupid bullet-hell with a crop dusting mechanic

A topic by Landon created 82 days ago Views: 97 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (1 edit)

Man, this was a pretty stressful game jam. I enjoyed every minute of it but my full time job was pretty busy this week so there were a lot of 12+ hour days trying to complete this game. I'm really happy with the result though and I'm really happy I took the time to add the crop-dusting mechanic because it makes me laugh every time.

Here's the game: https://landondevelops.itch.io/last-creature-standing

I made the game in Godot and the music in FL Studio by myself. I downloaded some free assets from itch and I used BitBrain's Game Jam Godot template. It has certain things already set up like a settings menu and a transition system but otherwise it's pretty bare bones.

Let me know what you think! My friends have been ranking the different creatures but there's no consensus. The purple butterfly with the beard (I call them Purple Buttlies in the game) are either S-tier or F-tier depending on who you ask 馃榿If you're so inclined, I'd love it if you'd post your ranking in the comments, maybe we can get some definitive answers.

Edit: If you're unfamiliar with the term "crop dusting" it's when you fart in front of someone so they have to walk through your fart. Some of the creature's have the ability to crop dust their enemies 馃ぃ

Submitted

This was a whole lot of fun! All the animations/screenshake/ boss intro added a ton of flavour.

Submitted

Thank you!!