On Sale: GamesAssetsToolsTabletopComics
Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

My first ever game jam and first ever RELEASED game!!!

A topic by PouYad created 34 days ago Views: 207 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+1)

Worked on this amazing project with my friends that I found. Go take a look and save some baby koalas!

https://pouyad.itch.io/captain-bushfire

Submitted(+1)

Alas I can't try it out (on linux), but the concept looks fun.  I wish you good luck! 

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I wish I could upload a linux and a mac version too.. But the website says only 1 GB. Thank you so much

Submitted(+1)

you can contact itch.io for more space

Submitted(+1)

That is understandable. Also I am curious though - the 1gb file size is for all game versions together or per game version?  I submitted windows and linux version of my game and they appear to be treated as separate entities.  If this is not an ordeal and is of interest to you, could you try to upload Linux version as well? (just name it distinctly from your original release so that you do not override it).

Thank you and pardon me for the request.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Wow looks great! How did you handle version control with such a large team? We struggled working synchronously with just two of us. Did you learn anything helpful you can share about working on the same project at the same time? 

Submitted(+1)

Hey! my name is Sahar and I've worked on this project along with PouYad.

I think that the most important thing that we did that helped us in regards to team size was consistently doing voice chats and not relying on occasional texts, it was hard even doing that because we come each from a different place and time zone; but it was in my opinion crucial to maintain between us a common understanding of ever-changing ideas and to keep track of tasks and timing. I doubt that we would have been able to do so much with so "little" trouble in 10 days if each of us hadn't made compromises to be present and active! 

another benefit of active discussion is that we were our own checks and balances system. we all came up with some good and some not so good ideas, and it was important that as a group we redirected each other when needed, to keep expectations from each other and the project realistic. 

that is my experience at least, and GitHub also helped.

Submitted

couldn’t have said it better myself ;)

Submitted(+1)

Samee! So hyped!