Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Woohoo! I just finished!

A topic by minefrac1 created Jun 03, 2024 Views: 92 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+2)

I had a lot of fun with this jam, and learned a lot about Unity and pixel art! What about you guys? How do you feel about your final submissions?

Submitted(+1)

Same! (Except I learned a lot about Godot instead of Unity). Thought I was finished last night only to find a major game breaking bug that only became apparent when I exported the game. Spent my day at work trying to think of solutions, got started on it as soon as I got home, got everything working, and submitted it a few minutes ago. Feels so good! 

My game might not be the prettiest (only getting started with pixel art) or most innovative, and the code is definitely a mess, but it's working and it's also the first game I've actually completed. I've learned a ton, and it's given me confidence for tackling bigger projects in the future, so I'm really glad I did this.

Submitted

Same learn a lot about Godot but more than that I learn A LOT about the art side.

I learn how to use gimp and the layers, at first I "cheated" making my animations through sprite manipulation with scripts. But I drew all the animation of the player character and that was awesome.

The sound part was just pure fun, doing weird sound in the mic selecting the best ones. And I am quite happy with the three "tracks" I composed for background music.

Like ForgottenForteana I can't wait to start a new project.

Submitted

At first i thought, i am not ready for the jam. what can i possibly make within 10 days.

but ended of making my first game and my codes are messy but somehow everything working.

I also learned alot about inkscape

this jam taught me a lot of stuff