Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

New challenger approaching!

A topic by Jo茫o Baptista created Jul 30, 2022 Views: 200
Viewing posts 1 to 1
(+1)

Hello! I'm willing to (try to) participate on this Game Jam again, this time with motivation and a clear scope! I am a professional software and game dev, and I have contributed a little to the scene with a custom build toolchain (that is, honestly, obsolete now) and trying to make some progress into a full game for the GBA. Unfortunately, professional means I work, so I don't have a lot of free time, but I'll try my best to be there and not leave my teammates hanging 馃槄 Also, while I can code a lot, I can only do very rudimentary art, and I have a bit of knowledge of composing, but nothing of sound mixing. Don't worry, though, the for the sound part I have access to a few libraries of sound that we can dive though to find something (all licensed, so don't worry either).

The project I want to make is very simple. I'll probably try to make a scrolling shooter/bullet hell with the knowledge I amassed from my previous tentative, and I'll try to keep the scope small. But, as a coder, I want to try to pack as much of "hardware shenanigans" as possible (which will probably lose to a 3D game because, well, those are really impressive!).

You can see some of my contributions in my GitHub repo: https://github.com/JoaoBaptMG/gba-modern. If you head over to the Discord's #showcase tab, you can also find some cool stuff there.