Jobs
Tags

If anyone can make me some music and sound effects I'd be very grateful <3

A topic by Nikoichu created 6 days ago Views: 119 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (1 edit)

EDIT: GAME RELEASED!

https://nikoichu.itch.io/midnight-fisherman

Sadly I wasn't able to implement the sounds for the gamejam version, but I'll make an update with them once the jam is over.

Hey. I'm making a spooky fishing game. Take a look:

I severely miscalculated the time it would take me to implement all the things I wanted (this being my first real game), and sound and music design took a back seat unfortunately. I am primarily an artist and even coding is new to me, and SFX and music is very foreign to me. I intended to learn to make them for this jam, but I'm out of time.

So if any kind soul wants to make some SFX and/or music for my game, I'd be eternally grateful. Here's what I need:

-FISHING SOUNDS: 

Water splash (when reeling in the fish); 

Reel creak (when rotating the fishing reel, fishing line tension sounds);

Bubbling (when fish move, specifically those darters in the gif)

Throwing fishing line (when initializing the fishing animation for the player character)

Fish slap (when moving fish in the inventory screen and/or when picking them up after reeling them in)

-UI SOUNDS:

-Change selection blip (when moving the active focused ui element in menus)

-Select blip (longer blip for when selecting a menu, e.g. new game)

OVERWORLD SOUNDS:

-Footsteps on dirt/sand/grass/wood/stone road

-Owls and other night ambient sounds

-Leaves rustling

-Sea waves, when close to the shore.

MUSIC:

Some slow, eerie night music, peaceful, but somewhat creepy. If you make more than one track, I could use it for the 3 different scenes: Main menu, overworld, fishing minigame.

Whether they are 8-bit or more realistic, I leave up to your artistic decision. Do what you think fits best. Even if all you can give me are 2 sounds, anything is better than nothing, because otherwise my game will be completely mute. (:

Submitted(+1)

Hi. I can give it a shot. I don't think I'll have time for music, but I can make a little sound asset pack and link it here on itch. While I'm working on that, let me know which format you prefer the files to be (e.g. WAV, MP3, etc) and let me know if there's a way we can chat outside of this thread. If not, I'll just post that link to mp3 files before too late tonight (I'm in Eastern Canada, BTW, so it might be pretty late). Wish you luck and I'll report back soon!

Background:

- I helped another gbjam12 team with similar work and have this whole pipeline for generating sounds which may never get used again... until now.

- this is my first post on itch.

Submitted

Hey, that sounds stellar! :)

I don't have preferences for file format, as I said, I don't understand much about sound and music. All I know is that godot can work with both, so whichever you prefer or think is better.

I'm currently pulling an all-nighter (3.38 AM here :D), and I'll probably have to sleep a bit, cuz I got work tomorrow, so I won't be very active for some time, so if you share them here, that would work well for me, if you don't mind that. :)

Submitted(+1)

https://velusip.itch.io/sfx-asset-dump-for-nikoichu

Submitted(+1)

In the interest of time I posted as early as possible. Part of my audio processing chain broke and I don't think I can fix it tonight, but it still sounds pretty good. All audio is synthesized from scratch and original. Enjoy!

Submitted

Thank you so much! I will do my best to implement it in time.