Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Start and end times

A topic by poqa_tj created Oct 02, 2017 Views: 326 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hey! First itch.io jam and I'm a little confused.

It says 12am on Friday to 12am on Sunday. What time zone? 

HostSubmitted

Hey poqa_tj. Thanks for signing up for the jam!  The jam is from 12am Oct 6 to 12am Oct 8 in Pacific Standard time. We chose these times to try to make it time zone agnostic and to encourage people to try to do the jam in a single day. We have had several other jammers who were confused about this as well, so for future jams we may consider changing the times. Do you have any recommendations? 

Thanks, 

Taylor @ GDQ

Submitted

Thanks! Shame it's not longer, my group is looking for a weekend jam that goes through Sunday. We may do this one and submit Saturday, then continue through Sunday outside of the jam.

To fix that, you could probably just put the time zone in the post somewhere. Maybe itch.io automatically adjusts times to the user's local time, but there's no indication that it's doing that at a casual glance.

HostSubmitted

Thanks poqa_tj I didn't realize itch.io doesn't show the time zone. It would be awesome to have you and your team join us and submit a project, so I've gone ahead and extended the time frame to include Sunday. Official hours are now 12am Oct 6th to 12am Oct 9th Pacific Standard time. We definitely want to be as inclusive as possible, so I hope this helps. Can't wait to play your game! 

Taylor @ GDQ 

Submitted

Really? That's awesome, thanks! We'll definitely participate. Great idea of a jam, by the way.

HostSubmitted

Glad it helps! And thanks! We are excited to see what you all make =) 

Taylor @ GDQ