SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

The theme?

A topic by TeroHannula created Oct 11, 2021 Views: 271 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+3)

What is the theme in the jam?

The challenge is to "use minimalist pixel art to capture a big idea", but I don't think that is the theme.

(+2)

I have the same question.

Host (1 edit) (+1)

There's no "theme" outside of minimalist, pixel-art! Look at some screenshots of Nira to inspire! Otherwise, let your imagination run wild!

(+1)

Thanks for clarifying!

The rule "Games have to adhere to the theme and use minimalist pixel art to capture a big idea." gave impression there should be explicit theme.

Host

Np! Sorry if that was confusing. Since Nira is a BIG game in a small package, games that capture that essence of the jam's theme will find ways to stretch every pixel into something larger than what's on the surface. Make the minimal magnificent!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Also I want to know what "big idea" is. Huge world? Something important? Something deep?

Host (1 edit) (+1)

YOUR big idea! Doesn't have to be a huge open world, necessarily. It's a game jam, afterall, so there's always limitations! We'll leave the scope of your game up to you, but challenge yourself to take it to the limits of what you'd might like to achieve with this project. GLHF!

Submitted(+1)

Oke, it sounds like a plan =)