Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Submission failed to upload while minutes before the end hour

A topic by ErnestoGtz created Oct 18, 2021 Views: 199 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hello, itchio didn't let me upload my game so I had to create another account, but the time ran out, can I have some minutes just to upload it?

pls :c

Host

Hi Ernesto, we are accepting late submissions can you try submitting again? If not you can email the build but first try to resubmit.

Sorry I didn't see this in time, there's no submit button. To what email do I send the build? I also sent the link to your Twitter

Submitted(+2)

Usually hosts of jams allow this to happen. Let's hope they reach out to you. What I've learned of jams is that you should always upload like atleast 3 hours before deadline, to overcome any possible issues that arise. 

The last couple hours of any jam that lasts over 10 hours is meant to be spent playtesting your game through the itch website, seeing that the downloads and everything works and that your game page looks reasonable. I think you should adapt to this scheduling in future. Sorry to hear about your troubles now.

(+1)

As this being my first jam yeah, I learned a lot from it. And of course will be more careful in the future. Hope I still have a chance

Submitted(+2)

Even if you miss this chance, there are game jams that allow you to polish your original idea more, and remake it into an even better game!

Also, if you learn from a game jam, any jam, you are already a winner in it.

Learning allows you to grow better in game development, which will be good for your future in the long run!