SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Participation

A topic by Thejaspel created Mar 22, 2021 Views: 202 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+1)

Hey all! 

I was a little disappointed to see that the Jam has no rankings or ratings of any kind. I definitely appreciate the positive tone and relaxed attitude, but I think ratings and rankings really encourage participation. It seems like without these, there just aren't as many comments and many fewer eyes on the games that we worked so hard on. Just some food for thought for future Jams!

Thanks all!

Submitted(+1)(-1)

Agree on all of that. This is the first jam I've participated in without some sort of ranking or rating system -- and the first ever where the creator of the jam  has not really acknowledged or said anything whatsoever -- in terms of the jam on discord, or thanking participants when it ended, or even promoting any part of it at all on their social accounts. Came out with a cool concept, so I'm thankful for the theme, but I'll definitely be a little more selective with my jam choices in the future - and especially note if the group/discord or person putting on the gamejam seems to even be involved.

Jam Host(+1)(-1)

Sorry about that, I took a week off last week and didn't have time to make an announcement. I'll be streaming and playing a lot of the games submitted. :D We always play, give tips, and help encourage people.

Jam Host(+1)(-1)

Rank jams can be super stressful and discourage people. Our goal with our jams is just to inspire people to make games. I'll be streaming many games over on my Youtube and giving feedback. :D

Submitted

Thank you for your kind reply! I appreciate hearing your perspective!