Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

SPOOKATHON 2020

A topic by acorn_leaf created Sep 09, 2020 Views: 485 Replies: 19
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+2)

Hey all, I'm doing a Youtube series thru Oct 31st where I play a game every day and I have had a blast playing a few from this Jam! Most importantly I'd like to say thank you so much to everyone for your submissions and for creating such unique and interesting games! I'm so excited to see what else this community  comes up with!

So far, I've played SÏMSÏN, The Enigma Machine, SNAILS, Plead to The Mountain God, Death Flush, but I'm open to all kinds of stuff! I'm building a list and there's a lot more to come.

If you'd like me to play your game, lemme know! I just love Halloween and indie horror games and this is really fun for me!

Submitted(+1)

Would be cool and a honor to see you playing our game, PsychoFlesh.

Anyway, good luck on your spooky way to Halloween!

Oh hell yeah! That's already on my list! I'm saving it for October when I up the spook-factor. I cannot wait to play it though! Thanks for the reply! I'll be sure to share when the vid is all up and ready.

Change of plans I'm hitting it tonight!

I had a blast!! Thanks for such a cool game! Any  plans on expanding on these concepts? 

Submitted(+1)

Wow, I really respect you playing a game everyday for Halloween. It's kind of similar to what I'm doing, I really want to pay some respect to every person that made a game for this jam so I'm trying to play as much games from the jam as I can and I'm giving feedback on all the games that I've played. I scored a pretty bad launch (with Kju'ytre - my first game ever) and since then my game was patched and is much more playable.  Would be an honor if you could give it a go.

Hey at least you actually made the deadline! As an artist myself, it's easy to get caught up on the little things or self-criticism and just end up not publishing anything- so, much respect that you finished a project! You put something out and despite whatever rating, not many people can say they made a frickin video game. Plus, it was your first one! Anyways, yeah I'm totally down to give it a whirl! Looks like it would fit in my September schedule so I'll play it sometime this month and post the vid when  I'm done! Thanks for your reply, can't wait to play!

PS - Can you share with me how I correctly pronounce the title, Kju'ytre? Thanks!

Submitted

Thanks for the kind words. Frankly, I dont know how to pronounce the title correctly, it's one of those 'unspeakable' lovecraftian kind of words so I'm eagerly curious how one could pronounce it.

Hmmm

Hey tried streaming tonight and kept crashing

Submitted (1 edit)

Crashing - like lagging so badly that you couldn't play or weird errors popping up?

Anytime I pushed TAB. Instructions popped up automatically, I pushed tab, I couldn't get more than a few seconds to run. :/ Best of luck!

Submitted

I wish I could see this bug on video to understand it more. Still thank you for playing, subscribed to your channel -  as a little thank you :)

Oh wow, thank you so much! I didn't upload it because there really wan't too much to it... I started the game, could look around for a couple seconds, then freeze.

This is a great idea. Thanks for supporting indies! I've enjoyed a few of your videos for the Spookathon so far. I think you'd like our entry in this jam, Loveland. I'd love to see your take on it if you get a chance!

Actually, don't play it yet! We have an update that will improve it tomorrow, or the next day. Play Moe's Body shop or Mutated Reality instead. They're great! lol

(+1)

Ooo both of those have been on my radar! I'll rabdonly pick one and post it on the correlating itch page when it's all polished and published on the tube. Thanks so much for reaching out! I'm excited!

(+1)

Hey there! I finished Moe's! I ended up getting stuck for about an hour on a pump that was unpumpable but eventually got it! Here's my playthrough, thanks! 

(1 edit)

Thanks for checking out Moe's by our friend, Wes. I'm glad you liked it!

We just got the update for Loveland uploaded. We'd be stoked to watch you play, when you have an open time slot. =)

https://devhourgames.itch.io/loveland